The Princely state of Hyderabad is world renowned for selling the world’s best pearls. Hence is also called the ‘City of Pearls’.
Once ruled by Nizam of Hyderabad, the city is famous for its elegant and graceful Mughal architecture, Hyderabadi cuisine and its glorious pearls.
Best time to visit: Nov to Feb
How to reach:
Well connected by buses and suburban trains
Direct flight to Hyderabad International Airport (HYD)
Top 10 things to do and see in Hyderabad:
1. A must visit India’s largest mosque ‘Mecca Masjid’ is famed for the bricks used to build the mosque that were believed to have been brought from Mecca.
2. Visit the iconic Charminar– a four-tower famous monument.
3. Explore one of Nizam’s ceremonial palaces- the Chowmahalla Palace.
4. Feast your eyes on Hyderabad’s Old City.
5. Explore the ruins of old diamond mines at Golconda Fort; watch light-and-sound laser show in the evening. Do pay a visit to Qutub Shahi Tomb nearby.
6. Take a Heritage|Champagne Palace walk to the former residence of Nizam at the Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel.
7. Pay a quick visit to Salar Jung– one of India’s three national museums and home to one of only four copies of “Veiled Rebecca,” sculpted by Giovanni Benzoni.
8. Enjoy a boat ride circling ‘Standing Buddha Statue’ in Hussain Sagar lake– the world’s tallest monolith.
9. Go pearl hunting and for bangles embedded with cultured pearls around Charminar.
10. Eat With the Locals- Pamper your tastebuds with legendary Biryani and other Hyderabadi Cuisines.