Gujaratstands tall as the only state where Garba is performed with more panache and fervor than in any other state in India.
The festival marks the richness of playful colors, music, dance with an ecstatic feel of dandiyaand garba beats. So what are you waiting for? Pump up doing the twists and swirls donning those traditional chaniya cholis in fetching bright colors with colorful bandhani dupattas, embroidered mirror work ghaghras, kediyas, chunky jewellery and mojris. Spicing up the festive feast are Gujarati delicacies like Dhokla, Patra, Oondhiya, Thepla, Marcha na Bhajia, Muthia, Bajra ni Roti and Tamatar nu Shaak.
Listing below top Garba venues to experience traditional Gujrati Garba to festivity with your love.
Perfect place to experience the madness of the festival is Vadodara- the cultural capital of Gujarat. Top spot venues-
1. Maa ShaktiGarba– Gujarat Housing Board Ground, Near PDIL Office, Samta Road, Subhanpura [Maa Shakti garba is listed in the Limca Book of World Records as the biggest garba in the world]
It is the best place to capture the essence of Navratri in its own style and witness the pulse of Gujrati folk dance. top Spot venues:
1. GMDC Ground: Organized by Gujarat Tourism Board
Mumbai has a huge Gujarati population and the city celebrates this festival with great fervour.
Top Spot Venues:
2. Kora Kendra Ground, Borivali
3. Essel World, Madh Island
The capital city is all decked p and set for Navratri Carnival Mode. Top Spot Venues:
1. Dilli Haat, Pitampura: The biggest and best dandiya event organized by Rotary club of Delhi Akash.
Gearing up for the energetic dandiya celebrations, chennai joins the enthusiasm as much as any other city. Top Spot Venues:
1. Rotary Club of Madras, Anna salai
Down South; Bangalore too is also tuned in to the foot tapping beats of dandiya dhoom. Top Spot Venues:
3. Loveshack, Domlur
So, just dress-up, be one of them and hit the venue.